Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition

From: Christian Kruse <christian(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wait free LW_SHARED acquisition
Date: 2014-02-04 19:39:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm doing some benchmarks regarding this problem: one set with
baseline and one set with your patch. Machine was a 32 core machine (4
CPUs with 8 cores), 252 gib RAM. Both versions have the type align
patch applied. pgbench-tools config:

SCALES="100"
SETCLIENTS="1 4 8 16 32 48 64 96 128"
SETTIMES=2

I added -M prepared to the pgbench call in the benchwarmer script.

The read-only tests are finished, I come to similiar results as yours:

<http://wwwtech.de/pg/benchmarks-lwlock-read-only/>

I think the small differences are caused by the fact that I use TCP
connections and not Unix domain sockets.

The results are pretty impressive… I will post the read-write results
as soon as they are finished.

Best regards,

--
Christian Kruse http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/