Re: updated emacs configuration

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated emacs configuration
Date: 2014-01-30 20:04:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas escribió:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> > I compute 6627 lines as modified. What I did not do is handle _only_
> > cases with periods before the tabs. Should I try that?
>
> I don't have any comment on that specific point, but I took a quick
> look through one of these diffs and it looks like a lot of churn for
> no improvement. So I'm not sure what we want to do here, but I don't
> think it's this.

I, on the contrary, think that the cases that are preceded by a period
are an improvement, and the rest are not (the opposite, actually, so
better not change those). Maybe there are specific cases in which a
period-tab sequence should be kept, but that seems rarer.

I didn't check the entire diff obviously, so I can't comment on how good
about detecting comments the new entab code is.