Re: updated emacs configuration

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: updated emacs configuration
Date: 2014-01-30 04:21:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 07:31:29PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I have cleaned up entab.c so I am ready to add a new option that removes
> > tabs from only comments. Would you like me to create that and provide a
> > diff at a URL? It would have to be run against all back branches.
>
> If you think you can actually tell the difference reliably in entab,
> sure, give it a go.

OK, I have modified entab.c in a private patch to only process text
inside comments, and not process leading whitespace, patch attached. I
basically ran 'entab -o -t4 -d' on the C files.

The result are here, in context, plain, and unified format:

http://momjian.us/expire/entab_comment.cdiff
http://momjian.us/expire/entab_comment.pdiff
http://momjian.us/expire/entab_comment.udiff

and their line counts:

89741 entab_comment.cdiff
26351 entab_comment.pdiff
50503 entab_comment.udiff

I compute 6627 lines as modified. What I did not do is handle _only_
cases with periods before the tabs. Should I try that?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

+ Everyone has their own god. +

Attachment Content-Type Size
entab.diff text/x-diff 3.2 KB