Re: BUG #8893: Precompiler ECPG doesn't check Var-List in Select corrrect.

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zboszor(at)pr(dot)hu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, herbert(dot)grohmann(at)vallourec(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #8893: Precompiler ECPG doesn't check Var-List in Select corrrect.
Date: 2014-01-24 08:09:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:20:22PM +0100, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> Still, this particular problem may be caught by the preprocessor.
> The SELECT targetlist is not "*", so the number of members for both

Probably better looking for "*" as part of the targetlist, but yeah, that should be doable.

> the targetlist and the user structure (INTO :s_schichtsatz) are known.

However, from the top of my head I'd say it require an amount of code changes
that I would hesitate to backport. After all it's a new feature and not a
bugfix. And since Herbert indicated problems with updating his PostgreSQL
version, it won't help him much I'm afraid.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at gmail dot com