Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date: 2013-10-01 21:06:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier escribió:

> Btw, taking the problem from another viewpoint... This feature has now
> 3 patches, the 2 first patches doing only code refactoring. Could it
> be possible to have a look at those ones first? Straight-forward
> things should go first, simplifying the core feature evaluation.

I have pushed the first half of the first patch for now, revising it
somewhat: I renamed the functions and put them in lmgr.c instead of
procarray.c.

I think the second half of that first patch (WaitForOldSnapshots) should
be in index.c, not procarray.c either. I didn't look at the actual code
in there.

I already shipped Michael fixed versions of the remaining patches
adjusting them to the changed API. I expect him to post them here.