Re: inserting huge file into bytea cause out of memory

From: liuyuanyuan <liuyuanyuan(at)highgo(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Chris Travers" <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>, laurenz(dot)albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Subject: Re: inserting huge file into bytea cause out of memory
Date: 2013-08-08 01:41:25
Lists: pgsql-general

liuyuanyuan

From: Michael Paquier
Date: 2013-08-07 15:26
To: Albe Laurenz
CC: liuyuanyuan; Chris Travers; tv; pgsql-general

Michael wrote:
> Take care that the limit of large objects is 2GB in Postgres 9.2 or
>lower (with default block size).By thw way, you will be fine in the
>case of your application. It is also worth noticing that is increased
>to 4TB in 9.3.

Thanks for your last reply!
I've test Large Object ( oid type ), and it seems better on out of memory.
But, for the out of memory problem of bytea, we really have no idea to
solve it ? Why there's no way to solve it ? Is this a problem of JDBC ,or the type itself ?

Yours,
Liu Yuanyuan