Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"

From: Cédric Villemain <cedric(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Marti Raudsepp <marti(at)juffo(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Date: 2013-05-17 14:42:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le jeudi 16 mai 2013 18:53:19, Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> > >Extension does not support VPATH at 100% (well, pgxs.mk).
> > >There is a minor hack for some REGRESS files but that's all.
> >
> > Right. My impression is that pgxs.mk actively works against vpath builds.
>
> That's my experience, yes. It would be great to get it fixed.

OK. I've reduce that to the attached (WIP) patch .
Problem is usage of $(srcdir) in the PGXS case. I try to remove it in favor of
recipes for each case (DATA, DOCS, ...)

It's a quick hack... It does not handle some cases yet (for example it does
not find .o when come the time to build .so if the .o was already in VPATH),
this later issue is a separate one I think.

If it seems to be on the right way, I'll keep fixing EXTENSION building with
VPATH.

Comments ?
--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52