Re: Partial patch status update, 3/3/13

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partial patch status update, 3/3/13
Date: 2013-03-04 03:37:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Craig Ringer (craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com) wrote:
> > - Awaiting discussion of syntax:
> > -- PL/PgSQL STRICT

I agree w/ Josh and Craig that this should probably be bounced- mainly
because we need to get 9.3 properly underway and this looks to continue
to be an area of much discussion.

> > -- Matview WIP Patch

This appears to be OBE. :)

> > - Awaiting discussion of difficult issues:
> > -- bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
> Small and difficult -> punt it, IMO.

I'd really love to have this properly fixed in 9.3, but I've not been
able to find time to spend on it myself, unfortunately. I continue to
think that we should build on what we've already got in psql wrt
function handling, but others have differing opinions, apparently.

Thanks,

Stephen