Re: Fwd: Successful post to pgsql-hackers

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet(at)singh(dot)im>, PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Successful post to pgsql-hackers
Date: 2013-02-10 02:25:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander escribió:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Peter Geoghegan
> <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > On 9 February 2013 15:24, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> >> It's in your personal majordomo settings. I don't think it's related
> >> to that at all, but it's a flag you set on your subscription, so
> >> perhaps you set it by mistake.
> >
> > Then I must have set it by mistake too, when I recently changed e-mail
> > addresses.
>
> Hmm. I wonder if Alvaro may have accidentally switched the default, if
> it happened to more than one person. Alvaro, can you check?

I hadn't touched this, but Andres Freund had already complained about
this before. I just checked and yes, it seems that the flag to send a
confirmation for each post is set. I have reset it.

I also took the opportunity to set the flags to send confirmation emails
when a posting is rejected or stalled for moderation. We discussed this
previously (Pavel Stehule complained about it).

I changed the defaults for new subscribers, and also the flags values
for all existing subscribers, note.