Re: could not create directory "...": File exists

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not create directory "...": File exists
Date: 2013-01-18 13:20:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

> Don't see what. The main reason we've not yet attempted a global fix is
> that the most straightforward way (take a new snapshot each time we
> start a new SnapshotNow scan) seems too expensive. But CREATE DATABASE
> is so expensive that the cost of an extra snapshot there ain't gonna
> matter.

Patch attached. Passes the regression tests and our internal testing
shows that it eliminates the error we were seeing (and doesn't cause
blocking, which is even better).

We have a workaround in place for our build system (more-or-less
"don't do that" approach), but it'd really be great if this was
back-patched and in the next round of point releases. Glancing
through the branches, looks like it should apply pretty cleanly.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix-concurrent-tablespace-update2.patch text/x-diff 2.4 KB