Re: could not create directory "...": File exists

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not create directory "...": File exists
Date: 2013-01-17 23:33:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> This seems to provide a reasonably principled
> argument why we might want to fix this case with a localized use of an
> MVCC scan before we have such a fix globally.

I had discussed that idea a bit with Andres on IRC and my only concern
was if there's some reason that acquiring a snapshot during createdb()
would be problematic. It doesn't appear to currently and I wasn't sure
if there'd be any issues.

I'll start working on a patch for that.

> Not that I wouldn't still want to mark it with a REVERT_ME_SOMEDAY
> kind of annotation. We know we need the SnapshotNow scan fix.

Agreed.

Thanks,

Stephen