Re: New archives for testing

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New archives for testing
Date: 2013-01-03 17:18:07
Lists: pgsql-www

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > * It's now possible to navigate the whole thread from inside a message
> > view, using a dropdown listing the whole thing. It's still possible to
> > navigate with to the next and previous in thread at the bottom of the
> > message, just like before.
>
> After exchanging a couple of comments with Dimitri over IM on this
> topic, I wonder if there's a better way to represent the sorrounding
> thread contect, rather than just "responses" and "in response to" links.
> The dropdown is good to have the whole thing in a single view, but when
> Dimitri pointed me to this archive sample:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-12/msg00692.html
> I wonder if we can do something similar.

FWIW I don't think we should hold migration for this; I'm just pointing
out a possible way to improve this *after* we migrate.

I also think we should *not* hold migration due to the auth issues Tom
pointed out for mbox and raw access. I mean, what's the use in having
the mbox in a phone or tablet? The raw message might be useful, if you
have a good enough text editor on the phone; I don't really know if
Emacs has been ported to iPad?