XLByte* usage

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: XLByte* usage
Date: 2012-12-16 14:16:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Now that XLRecPtr's are plain 64bit integers what are we supposed to use
in code comparing and manipulating them? There already is plenty example
of both, but I would like new code to go into one direction not two...

I personally find direct comparisons/manipulations far easier to read
than the XLByte* equivalents.

Greetings,

Andres Freund