Re: Problem Observed in behavior of Create Index Concurrently and Hot Update

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem Observed in behavior of Create Index Concurrently and Hot Update
Date: 2012-11-24 15:50:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2012-10-31 11:41:37 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> There seems to be a problem in behavior of Create Index Concurrently and Hot
> Update in HEAD code .

At pgcon.it I had a chance to discuss with Simon how to fix this
bug. Please check the attached patches - and their commit messages - for
the fix and some regression tests.
The fix contains at least one FIXME where I am not sure if we need to do
something additional and the locking behaviour deserves some close
review.

Opinions?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Don-t-ignore-indisvalid-indisready-indexes-in-Relati.patch text/x-patch 0 bytes