pgdg-keyring

From: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgdg-keyring
Date: 2012-11-18 12:55:57
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Did I mention the new pgdg-keyring package here yet?

Feedback is welcome - I'm still pondering which of "pinning" and
"sources list entry" should be part of the package, and what to use as
defaults there for the debconf questions. The current plan would be to
add a pinning question, but default to "no" (principle of least
surprise for the casual user).

We also need to investigate how well the package works when there's
already a copy of the key in /etc/apt/trusted.gpg - which is the case
when

wget -O - http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo apt-key add -

is used, while pgdg-keyring installs
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/apt.postgresql.org.gpg [*]. Possibly we need to
wipe the trusted.gpg version when the package is installed.

Christoph

[*] Should I rather call that pgdg.gpg?
--
cb(at)df7cb(dot)de | http://www.df7cb.de/