Re: Deprecations in authentication

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deprecations in authentication
Date: 2012-11-05 14:57:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus,

* Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net) wrote:
> I have no idea what platform that would be. Both the standard
> implementations of krb5 have supported gssapi since forever. The only
> nonstandard environment we support there is Windows, and that one *only*
> has support for GSSAPI/SSPI.

There are some older unixes that had their own Kerberos libraries,
that's what I was specifically referring to. I agree that there's
really only 2 implementations among the major free/open source
distributions and that those have supported GSSAPI for a long time.

> Well, we can remove it and see if it breaks :)

That was more-or-less what I was encouraging.. :D

The only question there is if we're even building w/ krb5 and/or
gssapi support on the buildfarm by default today..?

Thanks,

Stephen