Re: Slow tab completion w/ lots of tables

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow tab completion w/ lots of tables
Date: 2012-08-21 15:51:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> > Is this a regression versus earlier releases, or just a bad thing in general?
>
> It's really a regression- in prior releases

Sorry, to clarify (after reading through my -hackers inbox a bit more
and realizing you were probably asking about 9.2)- it's a regression,
but it was also in earlier releases.. I'd have to go back to the git
blame that I ran earlier to find it, but I think the change was made
in 8.4 or 9.0, so I don't think it's a regression as far as
9.0 -> 9.1 or 9.1 -> 9.2 is concerned.

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that we discovered it during our migration
from 8.2 -> 9.1...

Thanks,

Stephen