Re: how to get desired html format output?

From: Anne Wainwright <anotheranne(at)fables(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to get desired html format output?
Date: 2012-08-09 09:47:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 02:57:16PM +0530, Jayadevan M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > would this normally be done perhaps with a file that could be called by
> > psql. This file with all the psql query commands/options and the html
> > formatting code within?
>
> 1) Turn on the HTML output option -
> newgendb=# \H
> Output format is html.
>
> 2) Direct the output to a file
>
> newgendb=# \o myfile.html
>
> 3) Execute the select
>
> 4) Turn off output
> newgendb=# \o
>
> Regards,
> Jayadevan

I know that this will make a table output but it isn't going to do
all the fancy formatting that I need like

so my question perhaps needs to be rephrased as 'how do I get specific
html text formatting commands in the html output?'

back to perl maybe? not an issue but being able to do something from
within postgresql would save that extra step.

Anne