Re: pl/perl and utf-8 in sql_ascii databases

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: badalex(at)gmail(dot)com, cb(at)df7cb(dot)de, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl/perl and utf-8 in sql_ascii databases
Date: 2012-06-21 12:02:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ouch!

> # UtfToLocal() seems to have a bug that always report illegal
> # encoding was "UTF8" regardless of the real encoding. But
> # plper_lc_*.(sql|out) increases if the bug is fixed.

This is not a bug. The error message "invalid byte sequence for
encoding "UTF8"" meant "invalid INPUT byte sequence as encoding
"UTF8"" not encoding for output.. So the regtest patch covers all
of possible patterns - UTF8 and SQL_ASCII..

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

== My e-mail address has been changed since Apr. 1, 2012.