Re: Trying to execute several queries involving temp tables in a PHP script

From: Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trying to execute several queries involving temp tables in a PHP script
Date: 2012-06-13 15:15:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Onsdag 13. juni 2012 15.12.33 skrev Alexander Farber :

> Any ideas please on how to handle this situation
> in PHP scripts, do I really have to encapsulate
> my calls into a pl/PgSQL function?

I believe that Misa Simic's idea that you can do it all in a single query
without temp tables is correct. But anyway, it's always a good idea to
encapsulate multiple interdependent queries in a single pl/pgsql function. I
tend to keep my PHP code as simple as possible, and do most of the work inside
the database.

regards, Leif
http://code.google.com/p/yggdrasil-genealogy/