Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: markokr(at)gmail(dot)com, greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com, shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage
Date: 2012-03-30 04:30:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I've applied a modified form of the conname update patch. It seemed to
> me that the fault is really in the DBLINK_GET_CONN and
> DBLINK_GET_NAMED_CONN macros, which ought to be responsible for setting
> the surrounding function's conname variable along with conn, rconn, etc.
> There was actually a second error of the same type visible in the dblink
> regression test, which is also fixed by this more general method.

Come to think of it, the patch is mere a verifying touch for the
bug mingled with the other part of the dblink patch to all
appearances. I totally agree with you. It should be dropped for
this time and done another time.

I'am sorry for bothering you by such a damn thing.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center