pg_upgrade and pg_config dependency

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: pg_upgrade and pg_config dependency
Date: 2012-03-16 23:06:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Àlvaro told me he got a Spanish-language report that pg_upgrade
failed because it required pg_config, and pg_config is only supplied
with the devel packages.

I initially thought that it was a packaging problem, but I later
realized the pg_config is mostly developer settings, and that using
pg_config was not getting any change to libdir by dynamic_library_path
in postgresql.conf, and that I should just merge the pg_upgrade_support
detection code into the existing shared library detection "LOAD" code I
already had.

This avoids the pg_config dependency, works better for libdir, and
reduces the amount of code.

Patch attached. Should this be backpatched to PG 9.1; I think so.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_upgrade.diff text/x-diff 4.1 KB