Re: using pgsql-odbc using client certificate auth

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "Duffey, Blake A(dot)" <Blake(dot)Duffey(at)noblis(dot)org>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: using pgsql-odbc using client certificate auth
Date: 2012-03-16 01:46:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi,

* Hiroshi Inoue (inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp) wrote:
> I'm not sure if the client certificates works or not.
> As for the 32bit driver aren't you using psqlodbc_09_01_0100?
> If so please try psqlodbc_09_01_0100-1.

Thank you for that! Turns out that was exactly it. Other than that,
you have to set the necessary environment variables to tell libpq where
to find the certificate, the key, and the root CA certificates. Once
those are done, it 'just works'.

It would be nice if it could use the certificate store, and it looks
like there is actually code in the ODBC driver to do that, but this is
good enough for what I need it for.

Thanks again!

Stephen