Another constant in foreign key problem.

From: Gary Stainburn <gary(dot)stainburn(at)ringways(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another constant in foreign key problem.
Date: 2012-02-22 10:35:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have three tables,

users - all users of my web site
facilities - facilities available on my web site
facility_levels - access levels per user/facility.

One of my facilities is a document library (f_id = 22)
For this facility I have the levels

select * from facility_levels where fl_f_id=22 order by fl_level;
fl_f_id | fl_level | fl_desc
---------+----------+--------------
22 | 1 | Read Only
22 | 2 | Add Versions
22 | 3 | Amend
(3 rows)

This sets the global access level for the Document Library per user.

I now want to add authentication control on a document or folder level. For
this I need to create a table library_document_user_level

u_id - user id
ld_id - library document id
fl_level - level

The foreign key constraint on fl_level needs to check facility_levels for
fl_f_id = 22 as well as fl_level existing.

I've googled this but can't find a suitable solution. Can anyone help please.
--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager