Re: odbc driver version question for PostgreSQL 8.3.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jason(dot)tuttle(at)usbank(dot)com
Subject: Re: odbc driver version question for PostgreSQL 8.3.
Date: 2012-02-15 18:58:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:33:09 am jason(dot)tuttle(at)usbank(dot)com wrote:
> It seems like I've done a reasonable amount of scouring to find the answer
> to this without success. So I'm going to take a shot at sending this to
> you.
>
> We are installing PostgreSQL 8.3 on a 64 bit Solaris OS. Should I download
> the latest ODBC driver for 64 bit system (I believe it's
> psqlodbc_09_01_0100-x64.zip) or should I stick with one of the
> psqlodbc_08_03_0x00.zip versions?

As far as I know the ODBC drivers are backwards compatible. The question is
where you intend to load the driver? If you want it on Solaris the *.zip
versions will not work as they represent MSI packages for use in Windows. You
will need to get the tarballs located in the src directory here:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/

When you untar them there will be a docs/ with a unix-compilation.html file to
help with building.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com