Re: ecpglib use PQconnectdbParams

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ecpglib use PQconnectdbParams
Date: 2012-02-13 11:21:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Because connect_timeout is a separate libpq connection parameter, but
> now it's stuck into "options". It might have worked more or less by
> accident before.

So it is not an option, right? But the old function accepted it as an option it seems.

> It's not clear to me why this only appears on checktcp. And why we
> don't run those tests by default. That should be clarified, because

This was decided when regression tests for ecpg were introduced to not depend
on the use of TCP ports.

For details see this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00078.php
and in particular these emails:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00118.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00134.php

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com