Re: easy function or trigger to UPPER() all alpha data

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: easy function or trigger to UPPER() all alpha data
Date: 2012-02-08 17:13:36
Lists: pgsql-general

mgould(at)isstrucksoftware(dot)net <mgould(at)isstrucksoftware(dot)net> wrote:

> Andres,
>
> Darn, I was hoping to not need to do one for each table. I was hoping that
> using %RowType might work.

1st, please answer to the list, not to me, okay?
2nd, please don't top-posting, quote below. It's hard to read
3rd, i understand your problem, but afaik, you have to name all
fields and you can't interate to NEW and you can't grag the
column-names.

As i said, maybe with pl/perl, i'm not sure.

(and 4th, don't use images in your mail, in particular within
mailinglists)

Regards,

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°