Re: Install & Launch PgAdmin on CentOS 6.2 with PostgreSQL 8.4.9

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install & Launch PgAdmin on CentOS 6.2 with PostgreSQL 8.4.9
Date: 2012-01-27 19:02:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:41:27 -0800 (PST)
Angus <angusmca(at)btinternet(dot)com> wrote:

> I installed it directly from Mozilla, and the process took care of all the
> dependencies with no errors reported.

Sooo, you were browsing as the root user... Pretty weird and very
dangerous.

> 2. Launching PgAdmin
>
> I cannot figure out how actually to launch the PgAdmin GUI. Browsing the
> directories on my Linux box, I see loads of PHP and Javascript files in the
> /usr/share/phpPgAdmin directory, including one called "index.php" - this

PgAdmin is NOT a php blurb, it is a *program*, unless you mixed it
up with PHPadmin... - and there are docs provided with any package
(into or into packageName-doc), reading them usually help (a lot).

--
Handy hint:
A tea bag or two can be a dandy substitute when you're out