Re: Second thoughts on CheckIndexCompatible() vs. operator families

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Second thoughts on CheckIndexCompatible() vs. operator families
Date: 2012-01-26 11:55:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:53:10PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Not only is that code spectacularly unreadable, but has nobody noticed
> that this commit broke the buildfarm?

Thanks for reporting the problem. This arose because the new test case
temporarily sets client_min_messages=DEBUG1. The default buildfarm
configuration sets log_statement=all in its postgresql.conf, so the client
gets those log_statement lines. I would fix this as attached, resetting the
optional logging to defaults during the test cases in question. Not
delightful, but that's what we have to work with.

nm

Attachment Content-Type Size
20120125-buildfarm-v1.patch text/plain 2.0 KB