Re: pg_upgrade v9.1 issues

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: shitake <shitake83(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade v9.1 issues
Date: 2012-01-18 14:49:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 06:38:46AM -0800, shitake wrote:
> I am having the same exact problem, migrating from 8.4SS to 9.1 .
>
> @Bruce_Momjian: Do you have a solution for this ??
>
> I have also opened a thread for this because I didn't find this thread
> before.
>
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Upgrade-Postgres-8-4SS-gt-gt-9-1-td5151661.html

Well, the first problem, which you solved, was that somehow the system
was not setup for 'trust'.

The second problem is that the server isn't stopping:

There were problems executing ""D:/Program
Files/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/bin/pg_ctl"
-w -l "nul" -D "D:/Program Files/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/data" -m fast stop
------
>> "nul" 2>&1"

Note the "stop" word at the end of the third line. It is odd that
stopping is a problem, but it is on Windows, so perhaps there is some
odd configuration on that machine. You might try starting and stopping
the system manually using the commands displayed and see if that works.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com