Re: OT DBA type question - GRANT PRIVILEGE

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)anvilwalrusden(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OT DBA type question - GRANT PRIVILEGE
Date: 2011-12-09 18:01:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 12:13:59PM -0500, James B. Byrne wrote:
> I really want to get a sense of how prevalent using GRANT
> PRIVILEGE, beyond the minimum required, is. And this
> seems like a very good place to discover it. Again, please
> reply off-list if you wish.

I used it this year in a system that was designed to mimic a
complicated Oracle mutli-user set up. I used a number of schemas, the
search_path, and a lot of GRANTs to make everything work reliably in
the cases where there was shared data across the users. It seemed to
work for me.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)anvilwalrusden(dot)com