Re: Linux server connection process consumes all memory

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux server connection process consumes all memory
Date: 2011-12-07 20:40:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:14:21 +0000
Ioannis Anagnostopoulos <ioannis(at)anatec(dot)com> wrote:

> So what I am not sure
> still is what will happen if I execute 22million times non-prepared
> statements, will it crash or will it survive since I removed the buggy
> "prepared" that were nested.

It would take "some" time but wouldn't crash at all, but avoid to do
this kinda exercise daily on a SSD, it wouldn't like.

Think about Pg as the same thing as oracle, except it doesn't try to
hijack your assets each time you have a question to ask about it ;)

--
If you are a police dog, where's your badge?
-- Question James Thurber used to drive his German Shepherd crazy.