BUG #6260: not accept password

From: "Ric Eittreim" <ric(at)groundtruth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6260: not accept password
Date: 2011-10-17 22:19:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6260
Logged by: Ric Eittreim
Email address: ric(at)groundtruth(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.4
Operating system: Mac LION
Details:

I just installed Postgres for the first time to learn sql. After what
appeared to be a successful install, I enter psql and it prompts for a
password. I enter the same password that is requested (twice) during the
install but no matter what I try, it claims "incorrect password attempts" -
I used only 4 simple characters (rwe9) as this is just a place to learn.
Can you help me please???