BUG #6251: cannot create roles that can actually login

From: "nirodha" <erikwinnmail(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6251: cannot create roles that can actually login
Date: 2011-10-11 08:01:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6251
Logged by: nirodha
Email address: erikwinnmail(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system: ubuntu
Details:

I literally cut and paste the commands from the manual to create a role
after about two hours of repetition and reading .. yes, "with login" "with
login password 'foo'", whatever. Tried createuser - I have to be honest; 3
hours later and I am ready to go back to MySQL. Documentation is sparse,
there is no forum on the site - I am a bit disappointed after all the hype
about how great postgres is .. 3 hours later and I cant even create a user
that can login!
Thanks.