Re: Help on PostgreSQL

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
To: Sarma Chavali <cbssarma(at)googlemail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help on PostgreSQL
Date: 2011-10-10 14:50:36
Lists: pgsql-general

http://www.postgresql.org/ -> shows latest release 9.1.1.

> 2.Is there any enterprise version available with all features?

Yes/no. There is no enterprise PostgreSQL, but some companies are
extending PostgreSQL source, and providing modified version of Pg as
their product (this is perfectly acceptable and legal) - whether you'll
see it as enterprise version of postgresql, or separate product is up to
you.

> 3.What are all best third party tools that we can use for development and
> administration?

this I can't help with. for administration I use psql, and for
development vim.

> 4.What is the best way of resolving the issues or queries?

what kind of issues/queries?

if you have a problem, the simplest, and usually fastest way is to ask
on irc on channel #postgresql on irc.freenode.net

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
http://depesz.com/