Re: [GENERAL] One-click installer, Windows 7 32-bit, and icacls.exe

From: <mgould(at)isstrucksoftware(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "Karl Wright" <daddywri(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "pgsql-bugs" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Sachin Srivastava" <sachin(dot)srivastava(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] One-click installer, Windows 7 32-bit, and icacls.exe
Date: 2011-10-03 13:39:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

I am running Windows 7 x64 (version 6.1.7601). My copy is also from the MSDN with latest updates applied. When I get to the end of the postgres install I get a error:

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.

The database cluster initialisation failed.

Best Regards

Michael Gould

Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC

904-226-0978