Use of literal in SGML docs

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Use of literal in SGML docs
Date: 2011-09-05 15:51:35
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Did we want to do any more on the issue of using <literal> for numbers
in our docs? The February thread is here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2011-02/msg00028.php

While the applied patch removed the 'literal' tag from some numbers, we
were not consistenly using 'literal' for constants in our docs.

I can make the change if we decide what we consistently want, or maybe it
is fine as-is.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com