Re: error: could not find pg_class tuple for index 2662

From: daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error: could not find pg_class tuple for index 2662
Date: 2011-08-15 07:27:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

[adding back hackers so the thread shows the resolution]

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 07:02:55PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sounds good. Based on my own testing so far, I think that patch will
> probably make things measurably better for you, though it won't resolve
> every corner case.

The most recent catalog vacuums did vacuum full pg_class in 34 databases on
that instance with no new failures. So it looks like the patch fixes it. This
is not conclusive, but it looks very good so far. I'll send an update if I
see any new errors during the week.

Thanks for your help on this. It looks like it has sent you on a merry
search through all the catcache related program activities. I'm assuming
this patch or some improvement on it will show up in a point release.
Meanwhile, if this works as is for couple more days we will resume upgrading
the rest of the hosts to 9.0 using this patch.

-dg

--
David Gould daveg(at)sonic(dot)net 510 536 1443 510 282 0869