Re: Update releases

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update releases
Date: 2011-07-25 22:47:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 11:59:55PM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> On 1 July 2011 23:57, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Now that there's a (very minor) crypto fix and a new DST ruleset, when
> > can we get the next set of minor revs out the door?
>
> Do we know how many identified bugs are still outstanding? There's at
> least the SSPI issue for which a patch has been submitted and requires
> review, commit and back-patching.

I'm thinking whatever such bugs are outstanding can wait until the
next minor rev, which is to say that the CVE involved with that crypto
fix should take precedence. I know it's minor, but a known-unfixed
access control bug looks very bad, no matter how trivial that bug is.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!