BUG #6063: compatability issues

From: "Praveen" <spkumarvayala(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6063: compatability issues
Date: 2011-06-17 05:34:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6063
Logged by: Praveen
Email address: spkumarvayala(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system: windows 7
Details:

our application run on following platform
Operating System: Windows XP servies pack 2
visual basic: 2005
Postgresql : 8.4
Posgis : 1.4

problem: now we upgrading our operating system as windows 7 with 64 bit.
i am install above software listed above .
problem is that execption is occured when connection open statement is
executed.

is Postgresql : 8.4 Posgis : 1.4 works in windows 7? if otherwise
which version is used?
data in postgresql 8.4 can be restored in higher version of postgresql?
please give better comments
thanks in adavance ....