Re: Unlogged tables cannot be truncated twice

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)endpoint(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Unlogged tables cannot be truncated twice
Date: 2011-05-31 00:35:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 02:14:00 AM Andres Freund wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 01:56:05 AM Cédric Villemain wrote:
> > I remove my own explanations as we conclude on the same thing.
> > Attached is the fix by adding a (!reindex) in the index.c if().
>
> Thats imo wrong because it will break a plain REINDEX?
>
> I think one possible correct fix would be the attached:
My version was wrong as well because it did not observe RelationTruncate's
nblocks argument. That function is used to "shorten" the relation in vacuum.
So dropping the init fork there is not a good idea.

So I think it is the simpler version of simply checking the existance of the
fork before creating is ok.

Andres

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-file-existing-errors-uppon-recreation-of-an-unlo_v2.patch text/x-patch 1.9 KB