Re: alpha5

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alpha5
Date: 2011-05-05 16:54:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> > Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> >
> >> It seems that the 'make distcheck' build is broken. ?Apparently we
> >> don't have any automated testing of this? ?Anyone know what to fix
> >> here?
> >
> > Bruce keeps trying to put cross-references where they mustn't go ...
>
> Actually those are all my fault. Sorry, I'm still learning the ropes.
> I didn't realize xref couldn't be used in the release notes; it looks
> for.

FYI, this is documented in release.sgml in an SGML comment:

For new features, add links to the documentation sections. Use </link>
not just </> so that generate_history.pl can remove it, so HISTORY.html
can be created without links to the main documentation. Don't use
<xref>.

<xref> can't be used because there is no text to keep, and </link> ( not
</>) has to be used so we remove the right tag.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com