Re: FUSION-IO io cards

From: <gnuoytr(at)rcn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FUSION-IO io cards
Date: 2011-04-29 14:45:13
Lists: pgsql-performance

Fusion SSDs install on PCIe slots, so are limited by slot count. None, so far as I recall, are bootable (although Fusion has been promising that for more than a year). If you've a BCNF schema of moderate size, then any SSD as primary store is a good option; Fusion's are just even faster. If you've got the typical flatfile bloated schema, then while SSD will be faster (if you've got the $$$), PCIe is not likely to have sufficient capacity.

SSD is the reason to refactor to a Dr. Coddian schema. Few have taken the opportunity.

regards,
Robert