Re: Add support for logging the current role

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date: 2011-02-11 15:59:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yeah. The root cause of this problem is that the way psql handles
> tabular output with a few very wide rows stinks.

True, but it would be kinda nice to support multi-line configuration
variables. I still vote for that being "not required to get this patch
in", but it's certainly something we could do later. Of course, you do
have to ask yourself what having \n's in log_line_prefix would mean in
the config file..

Thanks,

Stephen