pg_dump: schema with OID 58698 does not exist

From: David Kerr <dmk(at)mr-paradox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump: schema with OID 58698 does not exist
Date: 2011-02-09 00:38:23
Lists: pgsql-general

howdy all,

I'm getting the above error in one of my dev DBs.

I've read in the archives that to stop the error from happening I can just
delete entries in pg_type and pg_class, however there seemed to be some
community interest in doing some debugging.

(mentioned in this thread: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-01/msg00090.php )

This is PG 9.0.2 on RedHat 64 bit.

Is there anything you'd like me to check before i fix the problem?

(since it's dev, i plan to just wack the database and re-create it.. so i don't need
to worry about if that particular object was used or whatever... )

Thanks

Dave