asynchronous commit

From: yamt(at)mwd(dot)biglobe(dot)ne(dot)jp (YAMAMOTO Takashi)
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: asynchronous commit
Date: 2011-02-05 05:20:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

hi,

is there a way for an application to know if an asynchronously
committed transaction is actually committed or not?
i want to issue some asynchronous transactions and, at some point later,
ensure that they are committed.
if my reading of the code is correct, an empty synchronous commit
(BEGIN;SET LOCAL SYNCHRONOUS_COMMIT TO ON;COMMIT;) doesn't flush
the log, right? if so, is there any good way to force a log flush?
a CHECKPOINT seems a bit overkill for my purpose.

YAMAMOTO Takashi