archive_command not enabled after finshing recovery?

From: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: archive_command not enabled after finshing recovery?
Date: 2011-01-26 00:03:46
Lists: pgsql-general

hi
was testing an idea with pg 8.2.19
generally, I had master and slave, wal archiving set in both of them,
but when slave was slave, it didn't archive any wal segments. which is
fine.

*but*
when I finished slave recovery, it went online, but it didn't start
automatically the archiving process.

is there any way to make sure that it will start archiving before it
will overwrite any wal segments?

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz / blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz(at)depesz(dot)com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007