Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw

From: Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw
Date: 2011-01-14 23:35:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:20:20 +0900
Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:03:27 +0900
> Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > Good catch. I merged your fix into the attached patch.
>
> Thanks, I'll rebase my patches.

I've rebased WIP patches for file_fdw onto Itagaki-san's recent
copy_export patch.

Interface of NextCopyFrom() is fixed to return HeapTuple, to support
tableoid without any change to TupleTableSlot.

Please apply patches in this order:

1) patches for FDW API (NOT attached to this message)
These patches are attached and described in this message.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg01096.php

2) copy_export-20110114.patch (NOT attached to this message)
This patch is attached and described in this message.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-01/msg01066.php

3) 20110114-copy_export_HeapTupe.patch
This patch fixes interface of NextCopyFrom() to return results as
HeapTuple.

4) 20110114-foreign_scan.patch
This patch adds HANDLER option of FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER, and
ForeignScan executor node. Note that no wrapper is available in this
patch.

5) 20110114-file_fdw.patch
This patch adds contrib/file_fdw, foreign-data wrapper for server-side
files. Supported file formats are similar to COPY command, and
COPY options except "force_not_null" are accepted as generic options
of foreign table.

Regards,
--
Shigeru Hanada

Attachment Content-Type Size
20110114-copy_export_HeapTuple.patch.gz application/octet-stream 2.5 KB
20110114-foreign_scan.patch.gz application/octet-stream 12.1 KB
20110114-file_fdw.patch.gz application/octet-stream 9.6 KB