BUG #5839: pgAdmin makes bad query for creating a table when default value specified

From: "Aren Cambre" <aren(at)arencambre(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5839: pgAdmin makes bad query for creating a table when default value specified
Date: 2011-01-15 03:32:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5839
Logged by: Aren Cambre
Email address: aren(at)arencambre(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.2
Operating system: Windows 7 32 bit
default value specified
Details:

Using pgAdmin 1.12.2, I just tried to create a table with a character
varying(18) column. I put "none" (without the quotes) in the "Default value"
field for that column.

When I press OK to create the table, I get a dialog saying:
An error has occurred:
ERROR: column "none" does not exist

This is the SQL that's generated:

CREATE TABLE "raw"."TxDPS geocoding"
(
"HA_Arrest_Key" character varying(18),
gid integer,
"whichToUse" character varying(20) NOT NULL DEFAULT none,
PRIMARY KEY ("HA_Arrest_Key")
)
WITH (
OIDS = FALSE