BUG #5817: Language problem...

From: "" <jengeno(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5817: Language problem...
Date: 2011-01-05 22:02:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5817
Logged by:
Email address: jengeno(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: any, so far
Operating system: Windows 7
Details:

I use a W7 english operating system, with Norwegian input (keyboard etc).

Every version of postgres I have tried to install has stopped on the fact
that it does not recognize "Norsk bokmål" as system locale. (It seems to
stop on the letter "å" in "bokmål")

No big issue, as all I have to do is change the system locale to English,
but it should also be an easy problem to fix(?). (To me it seems the
installer is trying to READ the systems locale instead of just use it from
MY machine. When it does not recognize it, everything stops)

And I have tried installing postres from the newest version to 8,3 without
success (before changing to english)